gigi

gigi

Friday, January 6, 2012

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

the holidays have come and gone.as i suspected, people got engaged.were married.had babies.found out about new babies.after checking my facebook and seeing all the news, i realized that this was the new phase in my life.a time of growing up, and of expansion.after doing some more thinking, i realized that i have been a wife for 2 years.crazy.wife.i still cannot believe that has become one of my roles.people i meet have a hard time believing it.[[you're so young!]]being married for such a short amount of time definitely does not make me an expert.i know that every day should be dedicated to learning more, and to becoming a better person.however, i do think i have definitely gained insight into the matter, and i just feel like writing about it.
after my days of being anti-marriage, i remember dating and being engaged and thinking that marriage would be the great fix-it tool.i thought that by getting married, any issues we had would disappear because we were entering into a greater bond, something that would force us think and act as one.well, i was wrong.after becoming a wife, things became increasingly complicated.there were unidentified expectations.there were disappointments.there were arguments that seemed like they were over nothing, but truly did have deeper meaning.the first year was definitely challenging.
i am happily married.please don't get me wrong about that.i have no regrets.i truly cannot imagine what life would be like without being married to caleb.i just get nervous for people.caleb has been the most selfless person i have ever met.and my love for him makes me want to put him before myself.we don't have huge arguments, we don't badmouth each other or belittle each other.and if that were the case, we would be hurting ourselves in the process.i do feel like we have become one.it has taken some time, and we have much learning to do, but when he hurts i hurt.when he is happy, i am overjoyed.there is an element of closeness that God blesses us with after we commit our lives to each other, and to Him.but it is work, just like any commitment.there should be a foundation of trust and of friendship.i have always trusted caleb because he never gave up on me, or on us.he has fought for us since day one, and has been responsible, and reliable.i never imagined having so much respect and adoration for a human being.i am so in love with him.that love grows and has new insights every day.i hope everyone can have something like this.something that takes work, but only because two people are working very hard to do what is best for the both of them.once we had a sort of sync, things became easier, and we had a better understanding of each other.it is unnatural for a person to be selfless.it does not come easy.but when you are so in love with a person, you really begin to put him (or her) before yourself.if your "love" does not do this, take a step back and consider your plans.marriage does not fix what is broken.it is so incredibly sacred and beautiful, and needs to be treated and respected as such.so please.don't rush it.don't force it.let God do His work in both of you, and seek Him first.

1 Corinthians 13

 1 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
 8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

-and this love does not make sense.it does not act like what we see on tv or in the news...

No comments:

Post a Comment