gigi

gigi

Saturday, April 2, 2011

on guard

this world is not too great.i hear about the darkness.i see it.i feel it.i dream about it.having a spiritual connection to something Greater takes me away from it.but it seems nearly impossible to stay away.it is engulfing.i am a peninsula of feelings,thoughts, and curiosities, and the dark stuff is the water that surrounds me.this week has been very metaphoric for me.it was stormy.wet.frizzy.scary.damaging.i felt myself letting go of the grip i had on joy,peace,contentment.what happened?so quickly.i lost it.i was not on guard.i let my feelings.my selfish,rampaging feelings.they took over.there has been that little cloud trying to take all this that i found away.but i refuse to be robbed.i know this is not me.this is not from God.therefore, i will be on guard.i will work and fight and overcome all this garbage.i will put into my heart the goodness and the life that comes from God.i will not hide from the death around me.i will confront it and tell it that it cannot steal anything from me.i have far too much to do for that mess.

"Above all else, guard your heart, 
   for everything you do flows from it."

No comments:

Post a Comment